Pig Scrambles at Fryeburg Fair are a huge crowd pleaser and very fun for the kids and their families who participate! Pig Scramble dates and times for 2016 are Sunday, October 2nd at 11:30 AM; Wednesday, October 5th at 1 PM; Friday, October 7th at 10 AM (just after the calf scramble); and Sunday, October 9th at 10:30 AM. Rules and further information are:
- All entries for Pig Scrambles must be made on the day of the scramble at The Livestock Office (except Friday).
- Lucky pig scramble participants are chosen by drawing from entries.
- Entries close ONE HOUR prior to scramble except for the Friday Pig Scramble.
- Sunday, October 2nd at 11:30 AM - Open to all children ages 8-10 years old residing within the limits of the society (The West Oxford Agricultural Society comprises the following towns: Fryeburg, Lovell, Stow, Waterford, Stoneham, Hiram, Sweden, Porter, Bridgton, Otisfield, Cornish, Baldwin, Standish, Harrison, Denmark, and Brownfield in Maine; Freedom, Eaton, Bartlett, Chatham, Conway, and Jackson, in New Hampshire) held at The Pulling Ring.
- Wednesday, October 5th at 1:00 PM Open Pig Scramble - at the pulling ring - ages 8-10. Entries close at 12:pm (Drawing)
- Friday, October 7th at 10:00 AM (following calf scramble) MSAD #72 third grade only, held in front of the Grandstand.
- Sunday, October 9th at 10:30 AM for Ages 8-10 years old held at The Pulling Ring.