Pig Scrambles at Fryeburg Fair are a huge crowd pleaser and very fun for the kids who participate and their families. Pig Scramble times are the first Sunday at 11:30 AM; Wednesday at 1 PM; Friday at 10 AM (just after the calf scramble); and the last Sunday, at 10:30 AM. Rules and further information are:
- All entries for Pig Scrambles must be made on the day of the scramble at The Livestock Office (except Friday).
- Lucky pig scramble participants are chosen by drawing from entries.
- Entries close ONE HOUR prior to scramble except for the Friday Pig Scramble.
- First Sunday, at 11:30 AM - Open to all children ages 8-10 years old residing within the limits of the society (The West Oxford Agricultural Society comprises the following towns: Fryeburg, Lovell, Stow, Waterford, Stoneham, Hiram, Sweden, Porter, Bridgton, Otisfield, Cornish, Baldwin, Standish, Harrison, Denmark, and Brownfield in Maine; Freedom, Eaton, Bartlett, Chatham, Conway, and Jackson, in New Hampshire) held at the Pulling Ring.
- Wednesday, at 1:00 PM Open Pig Scramble - at the Pulling Ring - ages 8-10. Entries close at 12 pm (Drawing)
- Friday, at 10:00 AM (following calf scramble) MSAD #72 third grade only, held in front of the Grandstand.
- Last Sunday at 10:30 AM for Ages 8-10 years old held at the Pulling Ring.